SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
makeithome_gw

Favorite Kitchen Accessories?

makeithome
13 years ago

Hi guys,

I have been absent for a bit. Hubby had some health issues and we've both just been very busy with the house as of late. Hubby is better now (thank goodness), I have made some progress with the kitchen and it won't be long until I start to really accessorize. We just have new laminate countertops to install (next 3 weeks) and new flooring to put down.

Some things I plan on incorporating into my newly updated kitchen:

- Some kitschy (sp?) food prints I found that make me smile (they are corny but I love them, so who cares?)

- A window shelf over my sink with my very own herb garden

- Open shelving displaying some nice bright dishes and glassware

- An corner cabinet that I removed the door from, where I will openly display my cookbooks (for some reason, seeing cookbooks displayed in a kitchen inspires me, makes me feel nostalgic, and makes me want to cook something right away!)

- An apron hanging on the wall when you first walk into the kitchen

I want to know... what kitchen accessories can you not live without? Maybe they are functional, maybe they are purely aesthetic... or maybe they are both. Do you have something kitschy that you love? What do you have in your kitchen that really gets you in the mood to cook?

Can't wait to hear your answers. Pictures, if you have them, would be great too! :)

Thanks in advance.

Comments (23)