SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bizee_gw

light or dark tone paint?

16 years ago

Need some assistance from the color gurus. New home (1.5 years). IÂve never decorated, hasnÂt been a priority in my previous homes. Now have the desire but not the Âeye so much.

I have a den which is off the main great room. It has French doors (with glass). This room is about 11x13, with a window on the left side (looking in). The window is your basic bedroom window. The window is on the north side of the house, so not a lot of direct sunlight.

I just tore out the beige carpet, (the walls are currently white). IÂm having installed right now built in cabinets (right now just base, no wall) to make it a home office. The cabinets are white.

So it becomes obvious I must do some color. IÂm leaning towards the sage family of green. There were several shades I liked in the "green" forum. For some odd reason, this is my year of sage. My bedroom, I did the bedding with some sage. (My room will retain white walls, and it is across the great room).

So IÂm wondering if I should go with a lighter tone or medium. Afraid of too dark paint with the north lighting. The flooring will be a hardwood or laminate, IÂm leaning towards a darker oak or (Costco coupon good right now, has a Royal Mahogany or Harvest Oak). IÂm not looking for a very dark floor. I donÂt think a light color will work either.

IÂm a golfer and have two antique golf bags with clubs I plan on putting up on the straight ahead wall and I have picked up some prints, golf related and will frame them after I get color sorted out.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Moda Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Loudoun County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living