Our cabinet plan is getting closer to what we want. I have implemented many of the suggestions from everyone on GW -thx. DH has even come around to really like the idea of no uppers around the hood! Now thats progress!
My questions are:
1. Is MW drawer OK facing fridge or should it open towards the cook top?
2. What do I do with the 9" of space on either side of the kitchen -one next to the fridge & one next to double oven?
The cabinet guy said a 9" pullout spice rack ( I prefer a drawer for spices)
I thought about a 9" cookie sheet cabinet but after reviewing lge cookie sheet/casserole drawers I will use that for my cookie sheets.
Your thoughts on this are appreciated
3. Prep sink or not in this kitchen? I have read every post on prep sinks -if yes where?
4. Upper Cabinets on each side come down to counter level -appliance garage with plugs on fridge side and drawers on oven side. What do you think?
5. Wall sconces on either side of hood or is it too much? I was thinking of vertical cabinet lighting in muted glass upper cabs on both sides of the kitchen.
6. 2 trash pullouts?
Again our home is a ranch home built in 1969, there are 4 people in the family -myself, DH, DS 14yr and DD 12yr. We have started the demo by taking the wall down between kitchen and living rm. We have a mock kitchen set up, hardwood is here and new kitchen window is on order. Need to get cabinet plan set and order cabinets so your help is needed! Open to any all suggestions!
Hood inspiration from Kitchen and Bath Ideas