SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cj47_gw

Cherry Craftsman-esque Kitchen, 90% done--pic heavy!

cj47
13 years ago

At long last, I submit to the TKO folks of this forum my 90% finished kitchen. Last March, we started a whole house renovation, including a 10 foot addition onto the back of the house that gave us, among many other things, a new kitchen. We are honing in on completion of the project, and still need a backsplash and a few touch ups with the paint brush--but otherwise, the kitchen is done. I was shooting for a Craftsman-esque style, (Pllog called it a "homage to Craftsman"), comfortable and welcoming, with room enough for me to be cooking dinner, my daughter to be making dessert, and my son to be working on his famous Chex Mix while someone unloads the dishwasher and sneaks in for snacks. I think we've achieved that. Coming from the old kitchen, I feel very much like I've won the lottery. I extend my heartfelt thanks to everyone who chimed in with layout help, suggestions, and patience while I whined about hardware a few months ago. You're all wonderful and I appreciated every word of advice, plus that occasional kick in the pants (ahem, Rhome) that you all gave me during this process. Details are at the end.

The former kitchen. There was a total of 5x5 feet of open floor space in the middle. When the portable dishwasher was stationed at the sink to be run, or if the refrigerator door was open, the entire kitchen was inaccessible.

The old vent

The former spice drawers

Completely demo'd kitchen. The plywood rectangle was the door to the living room. That wall remains, but the wall adjacent was removed, making the living room much larger.

The new kitchen

The New Vent

The New Spice Drawer

Garbage pullout under the prep sink

Microwave cabinet, desk, pantry storage

The cooking wall, cooktop, ovens and fridge

Dining area

Kitchen Philosophy, courtesy Penzey's

The Details:

Cabinets: Custom Natural Cherry, shaker style

Hardware: Restoration Hardware "Quincey" in Oil Rubbed Bronze

Flooring: Stainmaster Vinyl, Blue Slate #4012

Countertops: Formica 180FX Corbeau Montana, beveled edge.

Light over table: Kitchler Structures collection

Ovens: Electrolux Dbl oven, convection/wavetouch

Cooktop: Miele Induction 36 inch

Hood: Vent a Hood PRH9242SS

Dishwasher: Miele 2142SC

Fridge: Electrolux French Door, IQ touch.

Sink: Blanco Silgranite Supersingle in Anthracite

Prep Sink: Blanco Silgranite single top mount in Anthracite

Once again, thanks everyone.

Cj

Comments (33)