SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suevani

Is oil rubbed bronze hardware too dark for a dark stained door?

suevani
14 years ago

I have linen white painted trim throughout my house, with the exception of dark mahogany stained trim in the office. The office is separated from the living room by French doors. I have oil rubbed bronze hardware throughout my house, and I had planned to use an oil rubbed bronze handle on both sides of the office / living room French doors, as well as on the two double door closets in the office. Is oil rubbed bronze too dark to use on dark mahogany doors? Also-- the office furniture (desk and bookcase) has antique brass hardware. Is it okay for doorknobs to be different than freestanding furniture hardware (as I doubt most people change door hardware to match furniture hardware in every room in the house)? However-- if oil rubbed bronze is too dark for dark stained doors and the doorknobs should match the hardware on freestanding furniture, then I could use antique brass levers on the office side of the French doors and on the office closet doors. However, Schlage antique brass looks a bit brassy/yellowish to me-- while the office furniture hardware is a dark, burnished type of antique brass. Any ideas?

Comments (6)