SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janice742

Living Room - Before and After

Janice742
11 years ago

So, I started an office re-decorating project in the fall - which turned into a complete first floor update. We've been in this home for 7 years. When we transferred here, I quickly chose paint colors so the house could be painted prior to moving in. They were tones that I was familiar with from our previous home. Nice - but overall too dark & rich

I didn't take too many before photos of the LR as I should have. (I'm kicking myself!) The piano used to be against the front double window and is now in the corner near the dining room.

I didn't purchase any new furniture.
Added -- Custom window treatments, new paint, new fixture and new rug.

The is from a couple of years ago with the piano at the window. The walls were a plum/brown with ready-made window treatments. (excuse the decorations - it's really quite busy!)

This is mid-transformation -- piano moved and chairs moved:

Here is where we are today:

This piece was in our office, and on a whim we moved it out here. Changed the pulls to dress it up:

Need to have two little pillows made for the chairs
Here is my inspiration:
{{!gwi}}
Here is the fabric I found:

I plan to change the table in front of the window - I'm inheriting a beautiful writing desk - and I think it may work there. It is on the narrow side, so my hope is that it will look like a console. But I won't have it 'til the fall.

The room is a total departure for me - but it makes me happy.

Comments (11)