SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redroze_gw

White cabs and dark island - What colour table?

redroze
16 years ago

Our l-shaped perimeter cabs will be white, island will be dark wood stained, and the pantry/desk will be dark. Our granite will be Bianco Antico, which is mostly white with touches of grey, bronze and cream, and the granite will be on the island and l-shaped, while the pantry/desk will be topped with dark wood for durability. See the plans below to get a better idea. The overall feel of our kitchen will be traditional with some antique touches.

Our table will be a round pedestal table. Do you think our kitchen table and chairs should be dark wood or white or something else (glass)? I'm stumped because if we go dark, it may seem like we have half a kitchen in white and the other half in dark wood. If we go with a white kitchen table though, I feel like it will look too "country" and be jarring as there is too much alternating white and dark.

Oh, the flooring will be a warm beige, either travertine or porcelain tile.

If it helps, our knobs will all be chrome, faucet will be chrome, the pendants above the island will be the hurricane pendant lamps in a bright chrome finish (see below shown in a brown waxed finish, while the circle shows the bright chrome) and I am thinking of doing a 5-light chandelier above the table in a brown metal finish. It depends on the kitchen table we end up going with of course.

Thanks for the help!!

{{gwi:1587750}}

{{gwi:1587751}}

Comments (5)