SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cat_mom

Here's one for the TKO crowd

cat_mom
16 years ago

DH and I went to a local Home and Garden show yesterday (held every year around this time at a community college not too far from us). While there, we perused the many booths set up, paying particular attention to the businesses involved with kitchen/bathroom cabinetry (since we have those bathrooms to do now!). We might use the same designer who did our kitchen (to get some ideas for maximizing our space) as well as the same cab manufacturer, but are in the early idea gathering stages, so we're keeping our options open for now.

Well my TKO buddies, you would have been very proud of me! I asked the people at those booths all the right questions about the different cabinet lines they sell: materials used (plywood? MDF? Melamine?), blumotion?, door styles; veneer or solid wood, grain matching,.....I think a number of the people manning those booths were taken aback by the detailed nature of my questions. Shame on them I say! Don't they know about the well-educated people this forum turns out? LOL!

Oh, and for you soapstoners out there, Green Mountain had a booth at the show. I told the guy how popular soapstone was on this forum, and that I'd seen the name Green Mountain in a number of posts (unfortunately, couldn't recall if I'd seen good or bad things linked with the name, but I didn't mention that!).

PS we grabbed a bunch of brochures and catalogs from one bath design place up the road from us. Some really neat looking vanities but DH and I think they'll be pretty pricey. Oh well, I can always lust....!

Comments (4)