SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happy2learn

Anyone have a slate backsplash with light colored granite counter

happy2learn
13 years ago

Hi everyone. We recently had "harvest cream" granite counters installed (it has a white (grayish-white) background with soft grey streaks and golden-beige quartz veins running through it, with garnet sprinkled throughout- yes, it is a bit "busy"), and I have been having a hard time finding a backsplash material that will look good with it AND my honey-spice maple cabinets at the same time! I looked at the usual ceramic tile and travertine, and then I saw some gorgeous types of slate I had never seen before. One type that seemed to blend all the colors in my granite and cabinets is called "white gold slate" or "Chinese white gold". It has soft blue-gray, gold, maroon,and even a little bit of very light grayish beige--no pink at all, like I usually see in "regular" slate. I have been googling for images of slate backsplashes, but they are usually shown with a dark countertop. How would it look with a light countertop? My style is a bit eclectic, but leans more toward traditional or country, with a bit of "mission" style going on in the adjacent family room,- not "modern" at all. I think that slate goes with the mission style- but I don't want to be locked into that style forever! Does anyone have any photos of slate backsplashes with a light countertop that they'd care to share? Also, if you do have a slate backsplash, has it been easy to maintain? Any issues with it? Will I hate having such a "busy", colorful backsplash with such a busy granite? Thanks so much for any help or advice.

I'll try and post photos tomorrow, after I try following the instructions posted aboutposting photos that were kindly given in response to my last post! Thanks in advance for any help, or advice.

Comments (4)