SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daisychain01_gw

Please help me choose/find a new sofa-pix galore

daisychain01
14 years ago

Yes, it's me again. Yet another question about my living room (but with a new username after some computer probs.)

Our old sofa cushions have seen better days and stitching is starting to fray here and there. I'm saving for a new sofa, but money is tight. Budget is probably going to be about $2500.

I slipcovered the old one in white duck, but while I love the look, it never quite matched the chairs and I was always worried about the kids with it.

My dream sofa is the Restoration Hardware English roll arm, but we don't live anywhere near a RH so that is out. I've been to the high end furniture stores in our area, but this style seems to sell for around $5000 minimum. The less expensive lines don't seem to have a similar style.

I could get our new sofa professionally slipcovered or reupholstered for about $2000 (with new cushions). And I do like the style of the sofa with the room, but part of me thinks that if I'm paying all that money, I should get the sofa of my dreams.

I'd love your ideas on colour, fabric, style of sofas that would go well. I'm thinking of a camel coloured velvet at the moment, but am open to other ideas.

Sorry for the dark pictures - not sure what happened.

Comments (6)