SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
micke_gw

Mother cat question

micke
17 years ago

My mother has a cat that just had kittens. The kittens are about 2 weeks old now and the mother has been getting skinnier and skinnier and now the kittens are getting skinny, she has free choice dry food and mom is trying to get hr to eat soft as well, but she won't eat the canned.

She is calling the vet this morning and going to try to get her in, but has anyone ever had this? Any clue what might be wrong with her? the mom cat loves those kittens, hugs around on them purring and is constantly in there so it isn't a matter of her not wanting to feed them. About a week ago she was breathing funny and mom was going to take her in the next day, but she stopped doing that, so she didn't.

This cat is one of my trash can cat saves. She had a litter last year but I couldn't catch either her or the kittens at the time, she obviously did fine with that litter. I managed to catch her this year and she has turned into the perfect housecat, doesn't want to go outside for nothing, my mom would just be devastated if anything was to happen to her. Anothr question, if it turns out she can't raise them what are our chances on being able to bottle feed the babies? Would it work or are they too young? They have their eyes open already (I am thinking they are more like 3 weeks old)

any help wpold be appreciated!

michelle

Comments (19)