SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheryl_p_gw

cat repro. questions

16 years ago

I hope this isn't too sensitive a subject for this forum... the little female cat I brought in from the cold a week and a half ago was spared spaying because I fretted that she might be pregnant (hard/biggish abd. and long nipples). Well, you might chuckle, but I actually think she's in heat now! At first I thought she was just restless because she's still sequestered in the back bedroom away from my other cat, Emma. I was mighty impressed at her affection from day one and it has just kept increasing in magnitude! But yesterday she started howling, and it went on through the night, and she's laying beside me now purring and but lets out a yowl every now and then. Seems this is just what I remember with the ONE unspayed female we had when I was a kid. This little one is also cleaning her nether regions alot more than spotless (but spayed!) Em does. But why the signs of pregnancy at the nipples? - Do you suppose she has had a litter in her past even though she's only one year old (est. from the vet)?

Thanks from under-educated me!

-Cheryl

Comments (12)