SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sabigabatini

Need help picking white paint for small bathroom, details follow)

sabigabatini
14 years ago

Hi, I'm a new member and I'm here to ask for help with something that is driving me insane! That is, picking a white paint for my remodeled bathroom.

Yes, I am aware it all depends on the quality of the light, materials, and samples are the way to go, but any input is till appreciated at this juncture.

The bathroom has no windows and is fairly small. The floors are a warm bamboo wood. The tub, toilet, and vanity are all white. Vanity top will be similar to the bath/shower tile, which is porcelain "Calacatta Gold" - white with a caramel vein. It has 2 recessed ceiling hi hat lights (halogen) and will have 2 sconces (halogen or incandescent, not sure yet).

Because the bathroom is small and windowless, I'm interested in painting it white rather than a color, for brightness. The bamboo floor, tile and countertop will provide some warmth.

I am thinking a clear but creamy (not necessarily yellowy!) white is the way to go. So far, Benjamin Moore "Simply White" seems like a good candidate. Anyone used it? I also liked Atrium White (has tinge of pink), Super White (probably too bright), Linen White (I like the creaminess but too yellow so I'm cautious on it). I have of course also looked at the ubiquitous White Dove. I'm lukewarm on it.

Suggestions or advice most appreciated!

Comments (3)