SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20161506

Help me match my cabinets to my countertop??

User
15 years ago

Hey Everyone.

I have a question to ask all of you out there that have an eye for color.

I am going to do a little remodel to a rental of mine and have had the good fortune of getting some slabs of Zodiaq engineered stone countertop material for an insanely low price! :)

Since I got the slab for so cheap I couldn't really choose the color I really wanted. I guess beggars can't be choosers.

I ended up getting 3 different color slabs - each can do an my lil' kitchen...at $100 each. I know, I know, a crazy delicious price.

Anywho, you can see the samples on the DuPont Zodiaq site.

http://www2.dupont.com/Surfaces/en_US/products/zodiaq/zodiaq_colors.html

The colors are:

Antique Pearl

{{!gwi}}

Corona Brown

{{!gwi}}

Cappuccino

{{!gwi}}

Now here is the question I have:

I dont know what color cabinets will look good/compliment/match my countertop material.

(I really wanted to get a bright white countertop with reddish brown cabinets, but none of the slabs are bright enough for my tastes.)

Here is some info I thought might help with my question:

I am going with a shaker style set of cabinets. I have a custom cabinet shop that can pretty much make the cabinets any color/stain I want.

Here is small drawing of the cabinet design:

I want to have a somewhat modern clean minimal look for the tiny kitchen.

I am going to use an under mount sink.

The walls will be bright semigloss white.

The back splash - I'm not completely sure about the back splash color or composition as of yet. I might just paint the back splash white or get some mosaic tile. I would like some input on this, too.

The appliances are black.

The floor is a natural cherry.

Also, here is a photo of the kitchen I am going to remodel, just you can visualize what I am working with:

{{!gwi}}

and another...

{{!gwi}}

Thanks in advance for all of your advice and comments. I really appreciate it.

Have a great day!

Comments (9)