SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quirkyquercus_gw

Peanut Butter Recall

17 years ago

If you use Peter Pan or "Great Value" brand peanut butter with the product codes on top of jar beginning with "2111", discard the jar and return the lid to the store for a refund. They have been recalled for possible salmonella contamination.

When I first found out about this, I had just given my boys kongs with this peanut butter effected by the recall inside so don't assume the jars you have are good. I normally use Jiff but these Peter Pans were buy one get one a few months back and that is the last time I buy any food that is buy one get one because it always seems like there is something wrong with the stuff.

How do you screw up peanut butter? I don't know but but Con Agra found a way to do it since a recall from them is just another day. Disinfecting Kongs is a real pain in the rump, they aren't easy to clean out and I'm mad because I have zero tolerance for this crap especially since I also ate some of the peanut butter. Peter Pan can drop dead, mmmkay.

Those who feed your dogs raw food probably won't be concerned with this potentially deadly bacteria but for the rest of the forum it's best not to have this risk around your kids and family and what not.

Comments (19)