SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

Which approach do you like best? 3 pics of window/trim

deedles
10 years ago

Another ball in the air...

Going to have a full height backsplash in the solid surface counter material.

Also have a window area to deal with.

Which of these treatments do you like best:

Stopping the material at the edge of the untrimmed window?

Wrapping the edge of the untrimmed window?

or

Trimming the window and butting the BS up to the window casing?

My issue with the window is that DH didn't make sure it was centered and if we install wood jambs as is usual, one side the jamb would be proud of the window frame around the sash. So, I thought to heck with it, leave it untrimmed and so now it's just painted up to the window frame. But, how to end the full height backsplash? Counter guy thought to end it like the first pic and not wrap the jamb.

Wrapping the jamb with 1/2" solid surface, that would also be proud of the window frame on one side... we only have 1/4" of frame showing. (partly my fault as once upon a time I was planning on tiling the jamb area and DH thought 1/4" would be fine. Still don't get the logic of having an uncentered window but we really don't want to rip out the walls and redo at this point...)

The windowsill will be made of the countertop material AND the wall color and counter are very, very close. Wall color is Creamy by SW and the counter is (final decision, oy) Wilsonart Antique White solid surface.

I thought I could also just put wood trim around the opening and not put wood jambs in and paint the trim the same color as the wall/jamb area, which kind of appeals to me...?

Thoughts/advice?

Comments (16)