SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ryseryse_2004

Why are my cats so freaked out around --- anybody but us?

ryseryse_2004
10 years ago

These are indoor/outdoor cats. (7) All are spayed/neutered and all are very loving and needing regular 'lap time' indoors but want to be outdoors for bathroom duties and for mousing. They are totally healthy as we make sure they are free of mites, fleas, worms.

Now, the problem. We are going to be moving and will have to find homes for at least four of these sweeties. Because of our severe winter, they have been indoors most of the time and are getting cabin fever. (I am too and want to stop buying 40# of cat litter every couple of weeks.)

Who is going to want cats that are totally freaked out when anybody but the two of us are around? What ever made them this way --- they were never abused and four of them were raised right here as kittens born of one of the females who was dropped here. Actually, the only one who is somewhat friendly to anyone is 'Spooky' who appeared one Halloween three years ago. He constantly wants to be petted but will never jump up on a lap or allow us to pick him up.

But --- why are they this way? I go to other farms and the cats come right up to everyone wanting to be petted.

Comments (8)