SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rgillman

woo hoo - it's happening!!!

rgillman
16 years ago

I've joined the "it's started!" crowd and it feels so good. I cannot believe how relaxed I feel, and I can't believe how much one guy has done in two five-hour days. BY HIMSELF. Once again - the before, Friday morning.

In process this afternoon...(the contractor would kill me if he saw this shot). He really needs to bring somebody else with him tomorrow because it is a JOB! He said that usually these tile floors are put down so badly that they come right up. Not THIS one! Good construction - LOL. He's got to take up not only the tile but the top layer of plywood and all the other junk so the wood floor guy can lay a floor that is even with the rest of the downstairs.

And here's what it looked like by 4:00 this afternoon.

In the other direction: Friday morning, before.

And today.
What a lovely, empty room!

It was like a circus this morning - and unfortunately my camera battery died when I was trying to shoot pix. I freecycled the dishwasher and the fridge. Today, a young guy and his friend arrived to get the refrigerator and 2 seconds later the appliance delivery truck pulled up. They had to wait till these two kids got the old fridge out before they could bring the new one in. "High maintenance!" said the delivery guy about my new stainless fridge. "That's what my husband says about me," I retorted.

All the other apppliances are in the garage. The delivery men were not happy to open all the cartons so I could see if anything was scratched or egregiousl damaged, but they did it. Truthfully, blue plastic covered everything - but at a glance, no dents or scratches that I could see.

Yesterday we went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on frozen dinners - not bad, if I say so. I am not a fan of frozen stuff, but hey -- you do what you have to do, right? The microwave and toaster oven are getting good workouts and I have my wonderful electric kettles - one in my home studio and one downstairs in the temp kitchen.

The powder room sink arrived today and I haven't even opened it to make sure it is in one piece. I am too tired to think, and I'll deal with it tomorrow. Tired but happy.

Rayna

Comments (33)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional