SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mizzblondie0789

Cat throwing up often...symptom of something serious?

mizzblondie0789
14 years ago

SO I've taken my cat to the vet because he throws up every couple of months and they did a fecal exam to check for worms which was negative, they said that my cat looks healthy and everything but recently he has been throwing up once a week or more. What do I really need to keep an eye on as to what the vomit looks like etc? I know that throwing up is a common symptom of a lot of things like parasites, kidney or liver disease etc..The VET said to bring him back if he is loosing weight, not eating or behaving differently. I'm planning on bringing him back their soon but was wondering what kind of tests they would do to see what was wrong with him? As well as how much they might cost? I think he eats a bit fast though because sometimes he will eat then throw up soon after and the throw up is full pieces of food. Could it be that he just eats too fast and get chased around the house by his brother after which causes him not to digest his food? He seems like hes acting normal and healthy he is still eating and not loosing weight. Sorry its so long!

Comments (5)