SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
home4all6

Help me pick colors for new house, please???

home4all6
13 years ago

Hi all! I've been reading and researching here for 2 days straight (in between caring for my 4 time-consuming kiddos!), but still am uncertain about what to do.

I am desperate to choose colors for my "new to us" house that DH and I have just purchased. IT is a 1940's colonial, and we've removed all the carpet and found beautiful hardwood floors. We are having those refinished next week, so my painter is going to paint tomorrow, and I need to get my color choices to him pronto!

I am not picky, really, just want nice, light, soothing colors that coordinate. I LOVE the Restoration Hardware palette, but cannot use those paints (not that I'd want to anyway...) I will be using Benjamin Moore paints, and I've tried to cross-reference , but I'm having troubles with some....yada, yada, yada...

Anyway, here's what I'm looking for--all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!

LR: light blue (like the RH Shore or even Silver Sage collection)(Quiet moments, perhaps?)

Foyer: light beige (RH Slate or Flax collection)

DR: light green (RH Bay Laurel collection)

It is a center-entry foyer, so that color will go all the way up the stairs and the upstairs hallway, too. The LR is through a 4 ft wide doorway to the left of the foyer, and the DR is to the right. There is a 6 inch wide trimmed doorway between all rooms, which is painted white.

I hope this all makes sense!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

~Kerry

Comments (4)