SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mominc

What color appliances in shore house kitchen??

mominc
16 years ago

We are renovating a beach house. I am really having trouble picturing the appliances in place, specifically what color would look best.

The cabinets are a simple white maple, and we plan on doing Silestone counters in possibly Diana Pearl, which is a sandy/tan speckle color. The floors will be hardwood oak (still to be picked).

I have looked at a lot of magazines and all through the FKB site to see photos of similar kitchens. It seems like every single photo I see has big stainless appliances.

Since this is a vacation home, I do not want to spend huge dollars on appliances, particularly the range. So I am not looking for a big professional stove or fridge, etc.

It seems like my choices are limited to black or white for the DW, fridge, range and micro over the range. My dilemma is:

1. It feels like black appliances will not look right in a sunny, beachy, casual-coastal feel kitchen.

2. I cannot picture a big white fridge or stove in there either, as that seems to look dated to me. Plus it's a lot of white next to the white cabinets.

I have seen some stoves that are black and stainless, but the stainless looks more like stainless "paint" to me. I think that might look tacky or fake.

Does anybody have an opinion on what color appliances would look best?

Comments (9)