SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20167223

Please help turn my Awkward Ugly Duckling into a Graceful Swan

User
10 years ago

OK, that was corny, sorry...

I posted previously about keeping my cabinets and rearranging, but I decided that moving a door and window were required, so I may as well go full out and get new cabinets.

Things that are awkward/ugly:
- Range on the end in a major traffic pattern (to the basement)
- No built in dishwasher
- Main entry to the house (from garage, through a breezeway) leading to clutter at the door/in the open

My questions? Do you think the concept I've come up with best utilizes the space I have available? This involves moving the door and window, tearing out the built in pantry and adding a small coat closet to the left of the basement door (taking a very small portion of the breezeway). Ideally, the breezeway between the garage and house would be the mudroom, but it's not heated (nor can it be easily), so 3-4 months out of the year, it's too cold for that.

Concept (dishwasher is next to sink, with a cabinet panel, as I can't find a location that it looks decent otherwise, without putting it in peninsula):
Finishes TBD (just used IKEA for program), but most likely dark cabinets with lighter counter, remove soffits, cabinets to the ceiling.

Room view:

Main wall (microwave goes in that open cabinet):

New closet door/Basement Door/Pantry wall:

Peninsula:

IKEA layout with measurements (busy):

For reference, current layout:

And, a (messy, but realistic) view of current kitchen:

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!