SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahatmacat1

have the color, but which paint?brushworks, funcolors...

mahatmacat1
16 years ago

I know I want the MS SW Monarch (off the chip, not the actual formula), BUT now that I have it, I don't know what paint I want to have it in and I'd love to have some help deciding.

This wall spans a couple of rooms including the foyer, the stairs to upstairs, and the main hallway into the family room, so it's got to be tough. Do I want something with ceramic in it? Do I want all acrylic?

I have Miller (including Devine), SW, BM, PPG, Rodda, and even the Lowe's Valspar Signature (all acrylic, 50% solids by weight) all near me. I love painting with Devine (and I also love painting with the ICI Dulux 9300, but they're farther away--I could put it off till next week if people think that the 9300 is better than any of the others), but only a few colors of theirs don't look dead to me--would having it done in Devine deaden the color, because of all the titanium dioxide?

Thanks for any biased opinions on which paint would be best to have it mixed in. This is probably the hardest working set of walls in our house.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living