SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biwako_of_abi

How to get pictures into a post, with pictures of our 2 cats

biwako_of_abi
16 years ago

This morning I was enjoying reading some of the posts and noticed a couple of questions about putting pictures in posts, but they seemed not to have gotten answered. So here is the simple way that I do it.

Register at Photobucket, which is a free online photo service, and upload any pictures you want to show, using the Browse button to find the name of the picture file. This will place a copy of it on your Photobucket page and you will notice 3 or 4 lines underneath it. For GW forums, the one you want is the one with "HTML Code" next to it.

Click on the code, and you will see a yellow message saying it has been copied. Then come back here and write your message as usual, and you can insert the HTML code anywhere you like in the message by hitting the Control key and V. When you hit Preview Message, you will be able to see your picture on the next page that comes up.

I am a great animal lover and have had a few dogs, but none now. DH and I currently have two beloved elderly cats that we brought to San Diego when we moved from Japan nearly 11 years ago. Both were strays we took in.

Siphon, 16&1/2 years old. I found him crossing a road so tiny that his eyes had barely opened. He has been the best and the most intelligent cat I have ever had, although I have loved them all a lot.

Rosie, 14 years and 2 months:

Another abandoned kitten. She was very afraid of people, disappearing even if she was way at the other end of our garden and saw me looking out a window.

Siphon helped by showing me how to make friends with her. He worked his way around the yard, sniffing at this and that, but never directly looking at her, while gradually working his way to where she was crouching. Then he lay down about a yard from her with his front paws turned under, the way cats do, still with his eyes averted, and just stayed still until Rosie approached him. From that day on, they were friends and I would see them playing tag in the garden.

After finding out from a rather irresponsible neighbor who collected animals and let them run free that she wasn't his, as I had thought, I decided to try to tame her. There was an urgency to it by that time because she looked about 5 months old and I saw her mating with another neighbor's cat.

So I lured her with food over a period of a few weeks, while I would be there visible at a distance and gradually working closer, but always looking somewhere else. (We think she must already have been living on some of the things we put out every evening for the wild Japanese tanukis (very elusive small nocturnal animals some call "raccoon dogs") and a kind of small badger.) She was purring like mad and trembling all over the first time I picked her up.

She is a sweetie and has never shown us anger in her whole life. Siphon is independent and demanding, has a raucous voice like a Siamese, and uses it often. He follows me around all the time, sits on my arms at the computer desk and on my lap when I watch TV, and sleeps right on top of me during the night, but complains if I pick him up and he feels in the least way restrained. The two cats compliment each other, so to speak.

Comments (4)