SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nita__az

My Weekend With Dances (8 pictures)

Nita__AZ
15 years ago

What a wonderful weekend it was. Dances' flight came in 15 minutes after mine so I got my luggage and went to the carousel where hers would come in. Here she comes down the escalator. YaY We have met at a couple of other get togethers so we know each other, well as much as you can know someone with lots of other people around.

We get our rental car and head out of the airport. Now the last thing my cousin, Timm, said was don't go over the bridge. Well the sun was right in our eyes and guess what? Yep right over the bridge. You go 6 miles and have to turn around and go 6 miles back over the bridge. Of course we were right in the middle of afternoon rush hour traffic.

We finally made it to Timm's house where we would spend the weekend. Both of us were starved and there just so happens to be a wonderful Italian restaurant a few miles from his house. They serve you so much you can't eat it all so Dances and I brought home doggie bags. Timm stayed up until about 1 and Dances and I made it to about 2 when we decided to call it a night (or morning) and hit the hay.

Up early on Saturday morning to get ready for the Florida State Fair and the Tampa Get Together.

{{gwi:1640396}}

We got to the fair a little after 10 and the weather was beautiful. Dances was so thrilled to be where it was warm instead of the cold winter in Windsor. In one of my emails when first putting this together I asked Dances if she would be interested in going to the State Fair and if she liked "Fair Food". She said she would love to and that the ones they have been to didn't have much in the way of food booths. As soon as we came out the back door of the exhibition building there it was!! Fair Food for as far as the eye could see. Anything you ever dreamed of (or not dreamed of) was to be had at the fair. We had fried potatoes that they cut with a drill stuck into it. Also had strawberry shortcake. There was a lot of other tempting things but we needed to have an appetite when we met with the girls in Tampa.

{{gwi:1640397}}
{{gwi:1640399}}

We looked and looked at chickens, rabbits, bulls and the most adorable baby goats. Some goats had been born that morning and twins a couple of days before. We went to the free circus that was in the middle of the fair grounds. It was the best circus I have ever seen. We had to leave before it was over to go meet with the Tampa gals.

What a wonderful time with Barbara (mimi boo) and Sharon FL. I had met them once before but this was the first time for Dances. As usual we yaked and yaked and showed pictures and ate till we thought we would burst. The time just flew by and it was time to say good bye. Lots of hugs and promises of meeting again.

{{gwi:1640401}}
Seated: Barbara (mimi boo) Dances

Standing: Timm, NitaAZ, Sharon FL, Ernie

{{gwi:1640403}}
Dances

{{gwi:1640405}}
Sharon and Ernie

While we were with the Tampa gals they mentioned that the new "food fad" at the fair was bacon dipped in chocolate. Well you know we just had to go back to the fair to see if it was any good. We hunted all over and asked some people where it was. Found it and Timm bought some for us to try. Have to tell you it wasn't half bad (can chocolate anything be bad) but I wouldn't go out of my way to have some.

{{gwi:1640407}}

Back to Timm's to rest our feet and visit some more. I gave out at midnight and we hit the hay. Tomorrow was another busy day.

Dances and I were up way before Timm and decided to take a walk around his place. He has a lot across the street that is in the bend of the river so we went over there to check it out. River was really low and lots of birds looking for food. Came back across and went into his back yard to see all the jeeps he has restored. Dances took lots of pictures for Jeff to drool over.

Neither of us felt like cooking breakfast so we opted to heat up the leftover Italian food from Friday night. It sure did hit the spot and tasted even better than it did before.

Timm finally got up and took us for a ride through the "hill country" of Florida. I asked him if they were 200 ft above sea level and he said probably. lol Dances enjoyed her last chance to get some Florida sunshine riding in the back seat of the Jeepster.

{{gwi:1620848}}

Timm treated us to a great BBQ rib lunch after which it was time to head to the airport. I really hated to say goodbye to Dances. It sure was a weekend to remember.

Thank you Krysta for coming all the way from Canada to spend the weekend with me in Tampa. Hopefully you will be able to come back again next year and spend the whole week touring around Florida meeting KTer's.

Comments (15)