SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
novamom_gw

Need help with floor tile for new kitchen

novamom
10 years ago

Hi everyone, I found this forum a few weeks ago when we decided to start our kitchen remodel and it has been very helpful so far.
We are remodeling our townhome kitchen which is the original cabinets (23 years old).

We already ordered the cabinets: Linen White Shaker style by American Woodmark.

We also picked out our granite slab: Alaska White.

For the backsplash, I think we're going to do the Rixi Grazia crackle subway tile in the Mandorla color.

However, I'm having trouble with the floor tile. We had picked out a wood look porcelain tile that is one of the colors in the granite but I'm afraid it's going to be too light. Almost every picture I see of a white kitchen has dark wood floors. Our living room which connects directly to the kitchen has dark hardwood floors that we put in less than a year ago which is making my decision even more difficult. I definitely don't want hardwood floors in the kitchen which is why we went with the wood look porcelain but should I look at a slightly darker color? Or maybe something completely different?

I need advice and suggestions.

This picture shows part of our granite slab with the 6x24 floor tile and the subway tile for the backsplash. The white cabinet door is not our door but a sample from a different company I took with me just to compare.

Comments (8)