SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelaid

earthlydelights (Maryann)

angelaid
16 years ago

There is a link on Pugs below.

As with any animal, their personality is going to mirror how they are raised.

Conway's daddy doesn't work outside the home, so they are together 24/7. He is a very needy little boy, because he gets (demand! LOL)so much attention.

They also walk *everywhere*, several miles, several times a day. Everyone in town knows him by name. So he's been acclimated, since he was eight weeks old, to people and other animals. He's wonderful with children and the elderly. He seems to sense who he has to be *gentle* with.

He was potty trained almost the day we brought him home. But, then again, his little legs are walked off three or four times a day.

We never had problems with him chewing. He's not a barker (thank heavens). Not a digger. I've heard they are prone to skin problems. He's three now and we haven't run into that yet.

We have backyard parties all the time and a lot of people bring their dogs. He doesn't have any problem sharing his space, his food or his toys. But, he will not share my affections with anyone! LOL Conway and I went in to take a nap last summer and a friend's pit bull thought that bed looked mighty comfy and that he might crawl up there and join us. Conway ran his big butt right out the back door and back into the yard. Then came back and snuggled up with me like he had just saved my life.

They are not for everyone. But if you have the time to spend with them, including exercise - because they *will* get overweight - which will shorten their lifespan and contribute to health problems that can prove costly, they are a wonderful companion. You'll laugh your butt off on a daily basis at their antics. You just can't describe a "pugtona" to someone who has never seen one. Or the snorts, snuffles and "harumphs" they make. Once you've been snuffled by a pug, you'll never go back! LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Pugs

Comments (4)