SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scryn

Dog roaming neighborhood. What to do?

scryn
17 years ago

It appears we have a dog roaming around the neighborhood. My husband kept saying during the summer that some big dog was piddling on our cars in the driveway and then I kept finding mystery poo's in the front yard. Now that the snow has finally started we saw it's tracks, which ended with a nice poo in our driveway. This dog looks quite large, judging by the prints, and my husband followed the tracks one way and I went the other. It appeared it just wandered up and down through everyone's lawns and then by our house (on a corner) and through our little "woods" and out to the side street.

Now, we live on a farely busy road and the highway is about a mile away so there are alot of chances for this dog to get killed. Not only that, I am concerned about it hurting our two dogs.

I have never seen this dog and it appears to show up during the day while we are at work. My husband says to call animal control but what can I really tell them? I don't have anything TO tell them.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I should do? Ideally it would be nice to get the dog picked up by animal control but I can't do that when I don't know what it looks like.

I am also nervous about it trying to hurt me while I am on walks with my two dogs. I have corgis so they are smaller and I am also a bit smaller myself. Does anyone worry about this and what would you do? Dogs running around on the loose are not usually a problem in my neighborhood.

There are fields with wild game near-by so I suppose it could be a wild dog, but then I doubt it would be roaming and getting right next to the houses. The tracks showed it wandering in between the houses and in the back and front yards. I don't think a wild dog would do that, in the day.

-Renee

Comments (10)