SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cindyandmocha

new dog food - anyone tried it?

cindyandmocha
16 years ago

I've always been a fan of California Natural by NaturaPet for my 3 dogs, plus my dadinlaw's small dog. Mocha has skin allergies and epilepsy, so I'm extremely careful about his diet.

In addition, several schools of thought find it wise to eliminate Rosemary Oil from an epi-dog's diet due to seizure triggers. It's a common ingredient in many commercial dogfoods.

Recently, my supermarket began carrying "Lassie - Natural Way" brand dogfood, which is rather new to me. I perused the label, and it doesn't seem to be horrible. The only ingredient I wasn't crazy about was the beet pulp.

With 3 large dogs and 1 small one (96, 89, 55, and 27 lbs), Cali can be very expensive. The Lassie cost is less than half what I've paid for Cali.

Has anyone else tried it or have an opinion on it? I'm posting a link to their ingredient label below. I checked, and it hasn't been on any of the watch lists for bad or tainted ingredients.

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.lassie.com/naturalway/adult-lamb-ingredients.htm

Comments (7)