SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sylviam_gw

Anyone has Danville/Durham/Highland/Hampton cabinets by Dynasty ?

sylviam
16 years ago

Hi,

Does anyone have these cabinets? I have to pick a style from the Dynasty/Omega line very soon, and I am having a very hard time! I narrowed it down to these door styles, but need help to pick one 'finalist'! Please, let me know if you have any of these styles in your kitchen and what you think!

Thank you,

Sylvia M.

Comments (2)

• tinahollywood
    16 years ago

Dear Syvia,

I'm in the middle of cabinet installation THIS MINUTE! It's thrilling! After the guys leave I just stand in the middle of the room and turn in circles with my mouth wide open and tears in my eyes.

To your question -- I have Dyansty Moxy cabinets in Oyster finish on the perimeter (a very simple style that I was having second thoughts about until NOW, because it just looks great!) and DANVILLE with the Heirloom black finish on a center island. I chose Danville for the island because I thought it would show off that antiqued finish beautifully. They haven't gotten to the island yet so I can't tell you how it looks, though I can hardly wait to see it. (Big help.) But I can tell you that the cabinets are very nice. I often hear them described as the "middle ground" cabinets which makes me laugh/cry because mine were really $$$. I feel like I over pay for everything (sob) and I probably do. My brother calls me a "fish," whatever that means (haha).

Here's something that might help. I just checked the Omega/Dynasty site and it looks like the Dynasty Danville cabinet and the Omega Durham cabinet are identical. Maybe there's some difference in construction? Would narrow the field a bit for you if they were one and the same, huh?

Don't think I've been much help -- but I don't think you can go wrong.

t

PS This is what they mean by TKO. Cruising cabinet sites on a Saturday morning, while mine are being installed. Yikes. Well, it's nice to have an opinion rather than a question for a change.

• Buehl
    16 years ago

If they're still around, Black327 & Coleen3201118 both have Danille.

I toyed with Danville for a while, but I didn't like the slab drawers. Since my base cabinets are mostly drawers, I decided against the Danville. I ended up with Anson...the Omega II/Dynasty II door that has identical drawer faces to the Artesia. [Artesia is the door I LOVE! But, it was also the most expensive door, so I had to change to something else...and Anson is the closest w/the beaded look. The only difference is the center panel, solid wood raised in Artesia, veneer flat in Anson (flat panels are often veneer for stability reasons)]