SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nutmegxo_gw

HELP me pick a green color combo for my dining room please!

nutmegxo
14 years ago

Hello! Would anyone like to give opinions on my dining room project? Our house has a very open and airy floor plan with lots of natural light coming in. The entire house was freshly painted Benjamin Moore's Mohair by the previous owner and we are not going to be changing that. Therefore, I am trying to coordinate everything around that color card.

As soon as you walk in the front door the dining room is to the right (see pictures). Please ignore the dining room set (that was a hand-me-down from my grandmother and someday will be replaced). We are going to be putting in a chair rail and some picture frame wainscoting below the chair rail in the dining room.

I am trying to find sagey greens that coordinate well with the existing color. I painted some BM samples on the wall that seemed to be okay. The color on the far left is Harbour Town which looked so pretty on the card but looks drastically light to me on the wall. The color to the right of that is Sherwood Green which looks really pretty but just too green. The 3rd color is Rosemary Sprig which looked muddy on the card but actually looks like the best choice from what I had narrowed it down to. The last color on the right is Soft Fern which is another color that looked really pretty on the card but so minty and light on the wall. Maybe none of these are the right ones...LOL.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I am not sure if I am going to be putting the green above or below the chair rail as of yet. I am also not sure which color off the Mohair card I will be using to compliment. Mohair is the lightest color on that card. Currently this dining room is painted Moccasin which is the 2nd color on that paint swatch. But I can go darker to the Blanched Almond or Brunswick Beige (which I currently have in my bathroom and looks gorgeous).

Hope I didn't confuse you all....my questions are...

1. Which green goes best?

2. Should green be above or below the chair rail?

3. Which shade from the Mohair card should I use?

I really want everything to flow. Thanks so much!

Comments (6)