SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21846237

Go figure---new dogs like roach baits!

User
16 years ago

We live in a mobile home park. Occasionally a neighbor is less than diligent about household cleanliness---and then disappears into the might. Leaving a problem. We have lived here over 20 years and expaeienced this problem four times now.

Old dogs never bothered the black plastic baits. The kind that have bait that the bug takes back to the nest/group.

My two new dogs love them. This morning, I set out twenty baits---and put six in the open places--behind the trash can bin, behind the bedroom TV table, inside the closet doors, etc.

I took a nap and arose to find chewed remnants of bait plastic!!! And two dogs(70-80 pounds) with freshly polished halo's.

Know what to give a dog to make them regurgitate? Me neither---never had to. Ipecac works for kids---learned that the hard way years ago.

Called my vet---she said give them hydrogen peroxide. About two to three tablespoons full for my sized dogs. One dog lapped it up---he eats anything---even onions if he can. The other---no way! So, plastic syringe, 3 tablespoons---approximately---and squirt it into his mouth. I used to paste worm horses---same thing.

Oh---ah---one important thing----do this outside. You will thank yourself if the need ever arises.

Both are doing just fine.

Have had dogs all my life---first time any ever ate roach motels!!

Comments (9)

Sponsored