SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
trinigemini

Pet Stores

trinigemini
15 years ago

I am curious what other peoples view of pet stores are. I personally think they are horrible as I have been told by breeders that no legitimate breeder would ever sell their pups to pet stores. That means of course that pet stores get their pups from puppy mills. I know when I lost my bully I wanted another one right away. It was so hard to wait because the house was so empty, I was very depressed and crying all the time. I needed another bully. Anyway hubby and I decided to go look at some pet stores and see what they had. There aren't many bulldog breeders where we live. I will say their prices were cheaper than breeders that we spoke to. And the puppies were so adorable. I wanted one so badly I tried to convince myself that I would be saving the puppy. I did not buy from a pet store. I watched a video called "prisoners of greed" and vowed never to go back into a pet store. We found our new fur baby at a reputable breeder, we were going to rescue a bully, but we had just gone through a sickness with our baby and had to put her to sleep, there was nothing we could do for her even though money was not a concern, and I could not go through such heartache again so soon, not only that but the rescue organizations take a long time to approve people. I could not wait. We will be rescuing bullies soon, hubby is already hinting at how much fun it would be to have two, and we are in touch with the rescue people now. We are just waiting to move where we can have at least an acre for them to play.

I just want to know how much opposition would be faced if there was a move to close down pet stores that sell dogs and cats. Not that it will ever happen, but to me it sounds really good. Does anyone have information that not all pet stores are bad puppy mill distributors? Would anyone be outraged if pet stores were closed? I think it would be good if people actually had to go and research and look for a pet, as opposed to walking into a pet store and impulse buying.

Comments (25)

Sponsored