SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
juddgirl2

This sofa for banquette dining?

juddgirl2
12 years ago

I'm looking for a banquette-height sofa and rectangular dining table in my eat-in kitchen. A sofa will offer comfortable seating for guests - who all seem to like to hang out in the kitchen for hours!

I'm considering one of these sofas because they have higher backs and will be taller than a standard table. I'd use just piping, no nail heads, and the size can be customized.

Edward

Jentry

My questions are:

Which one? I have a country/rustic kitchen with a barn red primitive hutch, slate floors, and Believable Buff walls. I'd like to use a reclaimed wood trestle table, either unfinished or painted.

I like the Jentry but might want to have a slipcover made and not sure if that will work well with the wings. The Edward doesn't have the wings but I'm not sure if it might look too contemporary in my kitchen.

Seat Height: The cushions will be down-wrapped so I'd have the seat raised a few inches higher than standard dining seat height to allow for sinking. Would a 21' or 22" seat be tall enough, too tall?

Arm Height: I know armless would probably be best for access but I'd like to just lower the arms to cradle the cushions. Would a 24" arm height be too tall? ]

Depth: The couches are 39" deep, which is great for comfort but my dining area isn't extremely large. I'll use a narrower table but it might still be a bit crowded once I add chairs on the other side. I'm wondering if shaving just a few inches off the depth would greatly affect the comfort level.

Lastly - the fabric! I love a creamy ivory slipcover with a rustic wood table but I'll probably have it upholstered now and get a slipcover later, to save money and also so it's not out of service when the slip is being cleaned. If upholstered, I'll probably use a more durable cotton or polyester in a shade darker than ivory.

What do you think about a using a light sage faux linen fabric give the design of the sofas, my barn red hutch, tan walls, and dark slate floor?

Comments (13)