SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
athensmomof3_gw

Window treatments for a box bay window in master bedroom?

athensmomof3
14 years ago

Our planned master bedroom has a box bay window. The bedroom without the box bay is 16 x 16 and the box bay is 9'6" wide by 2'6" deep as planned.

We will likely put a couple of club chairs in the box bay with a table in between, and a couple of apothecary style or other floor lamps, with an ottoman between the club chairs in front of the table.

My question is how do you put window treatments on this? Our other windows (one on each side of the bed) will likely have panels and perhaps a small simple fabric treatment between the panels (not sure what that is called), as we may do motorized blackout shades in the room (hubby's job requires daytime naps sometimes!)

Do you put panels on either end? Do you put panels in between the windows in the box bay? I am afraid with any other fabric treatment it may be too busy so I don't know what to do about light control, etc.

Right now we have plantation shutters in our bedroom with panels and it is heavier than I want but it does a great job of keeping the light out when needed.

Any ideas welcomed!

Comments (5)