SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gail_ish

Painting is done! (For now) A tour with pictures

gail_ish
16 years ago

Hi all,

The next step is floors & trim, so it looks somewhat unfinished, but let me tell you, after painting 2-3 hours every evening after work & both weekends, it looks great to me!!!

Starting in the master bedroom - the front wall:

The 'shelf' you see in all the pictures is where the last log ends & the 2x4 wall starts. It will be finished with the same wood as the floor (reclaimed pine)

the side outside wall:

the back wall with over-the-stairs closet:

Looking out into the hall:

If you turned right towards the stairs:

The stairs:

When we're done up here, we'll be gutting & drywalling the main floor, so that's why we stopped halfway down the stairs.

The other end of the hall:

Looking into the spare room:

The spare room:

The spare room dormer:

Because our house is 150-year-old log house, nothing is straight, level or true. When our contracter put in the dormers, the ceiling of the dormer was 1/2 inch lower than the rest of the room, but only in this room. So the dormer drywall overlapped the old ceiling drywall. I took some leftover pieces & went around the whole room and now I'm so in love with the results - it's a real feature instead of a mistake, especially since I painted it a much lighter version of the ceiling. Center of the room, looking towards the door:

Center of the room, looking towards the outside wall:

Thanks for "listening". It was nice to find this forum - I used the 'How to get a perfect straight line' post to help me. And I figure you all would understand - my friends haven't been through this & don't quite get all the work & how proud we are now.

After the flooring & trim are finished, then we are on to gut the floor below - more pictures down the road!

All the best,

Gail

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer