SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bleigh_gw

Steel Entry Door Painting

bleigh
13 years ago

I'm in need of some advice...again. We are (hopefully)in the final days of preparation before putting our house on the market. We installed two factory primed prehung steel entry doors. My paint job on the front door is horrible. There is no way I can leave it as is. The finish in some areas are dull looking as the paint sort of made a skin that left a texture. Granted I may have gotten too excited to put a third coat on and should have let the first two to cure a bit longer. I did wait a couple of hours before attempting the third coat. It was in the upper 90's with relatively low humidity that day. The paint was drying awfully quick. Anyway, I've waited almost two weeks to sand and start over. The paint still peels up (I understand it can take about a month to cure) but want to make sure I can go ahead and lightly sand and try to fix this mess. I need to get it done this weekend as Wednesday is my target day to list the house. I did use Martha Stewart from HD, exterior semi-gloss in black.

Thanks again for any advice!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner