SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gwlolo

Dark red powder room worth the risk or a mistake

gwlolo
11 years ago

The powder room decisions are holding up electrical, plumbing and other finish. The room is 6.5' X 5.9' with 9.3' high ceiling and is to the right of the front door. I wanted to take a risk and do something dramatic in this space. As there is no window, a color consultant suggested that we paint it a rich dark color. Along the way I also collected the hardware in a antique copper color, a pretty mirror, a colorful sink and now I feel it is too dark and don't know if I can pull the look together.
Does the dark color work or should I repaint.
Do my antique copper faucets and fittings work?
Does my sink work? I was thinking to install it in a old dresser or else wall mount a slab of wood with live edge and mount it on that. DH is worried about this is suggesting we just get a simple wallmount white or a copper sink?.
What kind of lights will work? I need something above the mirror and on the ceiling.
In a different threat, there was a suggestion to use a big art piece showing a long rural road to add some drama and make the space feel more open. I like this idea but would love some suggestions of images. If I do this on the back wall, how big would it need to be?

Electricians and plumbers need my decision soon :(

The room

Farrow & Ball Blazer Red

A pretty mirror I want to use.

Antique copper wall mount faucet and fittings

The Talavera sink. Not a big investment so we are open to changing it. My original thought was to mount it on a wall mounted slab of wood with live edge or on a old dresser. DH is suggesting a simple wall mount sink in white to match the toilet.

A light for the ceiling perhaps. This one is from overstock
{{!gwi}}

Comments (49)