SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babbie56

re-thinking granite choice, all opinions please

babbie
15 years ago

Finally ordered cooktop and now focusing on granite. Our area lacks granite yards, altho I do really want to visit one (2-3 hour drive).

In short, with one local place we can view on line and then they bring in a few slabs for us to pick between, but no decision on who we will go with just yet.

Originally thought a strong contrast from floor (natural red oak) and cabs (cherry w/autumn stain) with sapphire blue (shown) or similar but kept hesitating-- seemed dark and the kitchen is 12x16 with 2 north windows- I liked it ok, but always found myself gravitating towards samples similar to giallo veneziano (shown). To keep costs down, kept white appliances except cooktop will be replaced -- no white edging, Bosch, smoothtop w/no knobs. Do not want excessive movement, but some is ok.

look through fkb, searched the forum, but indecisive, as always!

Tell me your thoughts and the pros and cons as you see them. I know ultimately it is what I like but love to hear your opinions. Note-- cab color is deeper than pic shows there is more contrast between floor and they will continue to darken.

Comments (45)