SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carambula

Help... Paint Color - Open Floor Plan!

carambula
16 years ago

Ok.. so I have a open floor plan.. my couches are a camel color, my cabinets in the kitchen are red mahogony and my trim is white trim also tile is a light brown. I originally painted my house in Behr's Contemplation.. but it looked "too much".. so now I went back to Home Depot and bought English Tan RL.. didnt like that too dark.. so I ended up with Parchment Glidden- washable.. BUT.. it doesnt seem very noticable.. I am going NUTS! I went to SW yesterday and bought sample qts of SW Pavillion Beige and Kilim Beige.. well those 2 looked greyish pinkish on my wall.. I dont have much lighting, I use True Light bulbs if that helps any... I DESPERATLY need help with a color... should I just stay with Parchment and accent everything? I didnt primer so I dont know if that has anything to do with it either? Sorry I am a first time painter my house is only 1 yr and 1/2 old and it now has 2 colors on the wall! HELP!!!

I want something warm and inviting but not too dark.. since everything is LITERALLY a open floor plan I want to make sure I can get a good overall color.. just 1.... any ideas?

If you have pics of the colors in use that would be great!

Comments (7)