SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hoffman_gw

Carpet color for basement playroom

hoffman
16 years ago

I'm picking out carpet for our basement playroom. The walls are white painted paneling. We really have no furniture (other than a wooden desk) at this point -- the kids just play on the floor. Eventually, I supposed we'll get a couch when they're older. It's a big room (14' x 20'), plus stairs leading up to the kitchen.

The carpet I picked out comes in like 100 colors -- and obviously white could go with any of them. I really don't like earth tones or any variety of beige or brown. Part of me is leaning towards forest green (that's what we had before & were happy with it). Another part of me thinks I should do something more interesting, like red. They also have a light grey I like, so that would be a neutral I like better than beige.

What do you all think?

Would red carpet look ridiculous? Would I live to regret it?

Is forest green dated? (Didn't see much of it as I was looking around-- nearly everything these days seems to be beige or sage green)

Would neutral grey be too boring?

Below is a link to the colors (the ones I'm considering are Everglades (green), scarlet or garnet (red), or silverado (grey) - let me know which you like or if you have other suggestions!

http://www.maslandcarpets.com/Broadloom/Broadloom_main.htm

Thanks in advance!

Comments (2)