SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ncdel_gw

another opinion needed re pendant light

ncdel
11 years ago

my basement project is stressing me out! you poor people are going to see 'i need opinions' posts every day.
Yet another thing I'm not thrilled w/ in the basement finishing process.
1. the tile frame in the wet bar- I get that they made it level w/ the bottom of the cabinets but I thought it would be more rectangular and maybe it'll be better once the faucet is there taking up some of the space below it. I don't think there is anything I can do about it now w/out having to pay for all the supplies & labor again for that area :(. Not going to happen.

2. More important now- the height of the pendant. It is currently crooked & they can fix that but it is 35 inches above the counter & I think it looks really weird. This is not a sink where we'll be doing lots of dishes & things, I'm not concerned about a 6 ft tall person standing over it & washing though I don't want anyone to hit their head...but I have read that pendants over sinks can be as low as 28" above the counter & all I want is a couple inches lower to be more centered in the framed area... Contractor texted he doesnt think they can go lower but I don't know why, it came with three 12 inch stems and a 6 inch stem.

Thoughts?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!