SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shannonplus2_gw

Aftermarket Pull-out Shelves/Hardware That Are Like Ikea's?

shannonplus2
14 years ago

I have a nice-sized pantry closet (not a walk-in) which has shelves which are hung on brackets on sturdy tracks (the kind that look like train tracks) affixed to the pantry's back wall. The closet is 8' high (my ceiling is 9'). The shelves are about 32" wide, and about 22" deep. It's the depth that is a problem. Basically, everything toward the back of the shelves is buried, and to access anything toward the back, I need to move aside all the stuff in the front.

I was recently at Ikea, and loved the tall pull-outs I saw there--where each internal drawer and shelf operate independently, where they're full extension, and so you can see and access everything. I would love to retrofit my closet pantry with that kind of internal pull-out system. It wouldn't go to the top of my pantry of course, but perhaps be "head-high". And of course, I do not need the cabinet enclosure or doorfront that are on the Ikea pull-outs. Where can I buy something like the internal workings of the Ikea pull-outs? Where does Ikea source theirs? Or is this an impossible mission?

Comments (10)