SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Wall color vs. creamy off-white trim

Sueb20
12 years ago

Sometime within the next year, we need to have our kitchen/family room painted. It's the biggest room in our house, with higher ceilings than the rest of the house, and a lot of windows. Right now the walls are BM Cheyenne Green, which I have liked but of course, with an opportunity to change, I'm considering something new. The trim is painted to match my kitchen cabinets, and it's in good shape, so it's not being repainted. All the trim is painted Natural Wicker (OC-1). I think because my trim is not white, I need a color with a certain amount of depth to it. For instance, initially I was thinking of something really subtle like Camouflage or Gray Mirage, but that seems too light with my darker trim color. Or is it just me? Have you painted a pale wall color with an off-white trim?

I have reds, greens and golds running through my first floor. The living room, which is partly open to this space, is SW Blonde, so one thought I had was to do Mannered Gold but I haven't even looked at the paint chip for that -- just looked at some pics online. We have a lot of color in this room with a dark red love seat, a blue chair on the way, colorful artwork and rug, so I think I'd like something more neutral on the walks this time. Even just a grayer green. But working with this trim color is what will make me have to think more carefully about the wall color options.

Comment (1)