SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16647

Good News :c) Bad News :c(

User
15 years ago

The good news is we found the granite we want for our new master bath. We couldn't afford to "go big" in the kitchen, but definately splurged in the bathroom. We both fell in love the minute we saw it, and it's so absolutely gorgeous I get goose bumps just thinking about it. Of course I had my camera but forgot to take a picture! Ugghh...

The store name is Golden Shore, and this is the closest sample I can find to match it. Our slab has just a pinch more amber and ivory in it. Our cabinets are in a Maple Congac and the floor is a medium Travertine. I know this is the kitchen area but granite is a hot topic here, so I had to share. {{!gwi}}

The bad news is, we picked up the quartzite Baoding Creme tile today from The Tile Shop. It's for our backsplash and instead of it being ambers, grays, ivory's and sand tones like the bizzillian samples I brought home, the tiles are pink based and some are even a rosey RED, and really UGLY! I've got to sort through 1/2 dzn boxes to see if they're all like that and take back what is. This wasn't cheap tile so I'm really annoyed by it. Oh well, at least I have the option to get em out of here.

Thanks for letting me share and vent!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville