SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shelby_elsa

Gentian Violet for thrush...anyone have experience?

Shelby_Elsa
22 years ago

I have read so many horror stories about gentian violet that I am nervous about actually using it. Whe I picked up the prescription the pharmacist came up tpo me and told me that it was very poisonous and I need to discard of it immediately after use so that my son doesnt get to it...she also stressed not to let Elsa swallow it. Hello? she is 3 months old, am I supposed to tell her to swish it around and spit it out? The poor thing has been taking nystatin 4 times a day since Christmas and it still hasn't gone away. And I think it really bothers her sometimes. I also have been using the nystatin cream on my nipples and it still hasn't gone away. The doc told me that I could give her this one time or give her diflucan for 3xa day for 2 weeks and I decided to go with the gentian violet. Does it really work and for how long does it stain the lips? I feel so horrible giving it to her after all I have read but the poor thing is definitely suffering from the itchies...

Please follow up and fill me in with your experiences with this strange medication!

Shelby'

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County