SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
badgergrrl_gw

Paint Selection Advice

badgergrrl
12 years ago

I'm repainting my kitchen walls and would appreciate some advice on which paint brand to select. I'm currently experiencing some analysis paralysis.

The walls have a subtle Venetian plaster texture on them (I hate it, but not enough to undertake THAT project right now.) and are painted in a semi- or full gloss paint. I'm thinking semi as a finish. (No kids, but I am a clean freak, so the walls get cleaned often in the kitchen.)

I have a soft aqua from BM picked, but am not sure I want to use their paint. I am a little intimidated to use Aura after the application stories I have read, I have a lot of small spaces to paint so I can't use a roller for much of it. Plus I know it's weird, but I just like painting with a brush. Maybe the Regal?

I also have access to P&L, Muralo/Mythic and Graham at another store. I am going to use Muralo Ceramic for the cabinets & cabinet doors. Would that also be a good choice for the walls? Do the Muralo tints match other companies' colors well? Is there another option all together that I should be looking at?

Comments (3)