SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
black_thumb

I've got three problems a little help please.

black-thumb
15 years ago

Hi everyone I would love some suggestions.

First up the livingroom. I like the curtains I have now (crazy for the beads) but I never really thought it matched the style of the room. So I need some drape suggestions. I was thinking of bringing in some maroon to play of the maroon in the paisly ottoman and throw pillows. Or green to pick up on the plants and tie in with the green I want to add to the hallway. Any ideas on style and color?

Second up the hallway - here I plan to paint the bottom half of the wall a green color the top half is a sort of butter yellow. I'm hoping it will tie in with the slightly darker color in the ottoman and throw pillows in the livingroom. I'm horrible at picking colors. I painted my livingroom three times before I gave up and just went with creamy white (a safe choice) I really wanted a nice somewhat dark tan but couldn't find the right one. So any advice on a nice green I'm not looking to go too dark and definetly not light.

Last the bedroom - in here I am planning on getting a flat screen tv. I have since repainted the bedroom white again added the canopy and will be going with a blue and white theme. (last photo) I was wondering what size I should get. Right now I have a tube style tv on the long dresser and its about 20" if I remember right. I would love to get a 46" inch or 50" since everything is on sale now but I think that might be too large for the dresser and take up all the space from left to right. I do have a few doo dads that I would like to put on the dreser. With this in mind I was trying to think about what size I should get 27" - 36". If you have a flat screen in your bedroom what size do you have? I also wanted to put a large silver framed mirror on the wall over the dresser (if I can ever find one that I like) which seems to mean I wou need to go with something on the smaller side. I'm not sure how that would look though. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Oh the square iron wall thingies are now over the loveseat in the livingroom and the picures flank the entertainment unit. I've got some smaller maroon frames to go in the hallway. That wallborder is also gone.

Comments (13)