SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_14016497

Can I get 'stained concrete look' on old painted patio?

User
16 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum (was over in the kitchen section while renovating). I am trying to find out if I can get that "stained concrete" look on an old patio that is painted astro-turf green (truly ghastly!) It's an old 1950's patio with a low brick wall around it, and is highly visible from multiple french doors in the living/dining room as well as the den. So, I want something very dark (earthy brown) because the bricks are painted creamy/beige and just beyond it is an aged wooden fence/small garden. The end result for me would be a courtyard type appearance (the house has been transformed from 50's ranch to a garden cottage style). I don't know how to sand-off the paint and don't think I could handle one of those giant sanders. Would it be possible to do some type of "faux finish" paint technique? Something like sponge painting or ragging on/off? It needs to have "depth" but, of course, anything other than the terrible grass green would be an improvement! I welcome all ideas. Thanks!

Comments (10)