SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

BM Aura - read a lot but a couple questions..

User
13 years ago

Hi again! :)

I'm still planning on painting my bathroom red but have other projects in line first. I also have more questions.

I thought I had decided on BM Regal in the pearl finish because I'm sloppy at the sink (water/mascara marks). The more I think about it, I'd prefer a matte finish and am strongly considering biting the bullet and buying BM Aura even though I've ready a lot of mixed reviews.

The room is roughly 8'x8' with not a lot of wall space. 8' ceilings. One window, about 32" w if I remember right.

A few questions:

1.After curing a month, do you think it would be fine for wiping water/mascara slop marks at the sink area? - No burnishing?

2.Did you find that it touches up well?

3.For such a small space, do you think I should buy the extender? Most of the negative things I read were large spaces with tall ceilings and a lot of natural light.

4.When rolling a new section of paint, I want to overlap the edge of the section of just finish, right?

5. Oh, also I'm planning on replacing the towel bar so I'll have holes to patch. I was going to prime first so will I be ok to not have funny flash marks when I'm done painting? Was planning on using either Zinsser or BM primer (both tinted).

Thanks!

Comments (7)